4.00 8 oz New York steaks
2.00 tbsp (s) Soy Sauce
1.00 tbsp (s) Chinese 5 Spice
1.00 tbsp (s) Brown Sugar
1.00 tsp (s) Ground Ginger
1.00 tsp (s) salt
0.50 tsp Cayenne Pepper
0.50 tsp Sesame Oil
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
2. Place each steak into the bowl, coating completely (use your hands to rub the marinade all over.
3. Once the steak has been coated, place inside a large ziploc bag.
4. repeat for each steak. Pour the remaining marinade into the ziploc bag.
5. Seal the bag tightly, removing any excess air, and place in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
6. Remove the steaks from the fridge, place on a plate pouring the marinade over top, letting them sit for about 30 minutes or until they reach room temperature.
7. Grill steaks on cast iron grill or bbq until desired doneness is reached (3 minutes per side for a rare steak, and a minute and a half for each additional grade of doneness)
8. Take off heat, place over wooden board for slicing and let site for a couple minutes to seal the juices in before slicing.